Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Self-consciousness


I wouldn't call it a preoccupation, but I certainly am aware (all the time, maybe to a fault) of even the smallest of my actions. Trying to anticipate reaction or effect. At least I'm open and honest about it. Here it is in front of you in writing. Maybe a bit narcissistic... perhaps... but, awareness (as far as I am concerned) can't be all bad. Consciousness in any form is better than it's alternative. The only time it ever gets in my way is when I want to say "YES" to an opportunity, but that nagging little voice starts up with the "but, what will they think?"... shhhh, little voice! While it would be nice to gently float through, unseen, ineffective, not making any waves... It would feel really good to make just one big, love-filled, tidal wave! Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?