Friday, April 30, 2010

Debbie B a.k.a. My Mom

So where are we in this project? Chloe made me a mother, Ben made me a wife, and now here we are at this lady... She made me. She gave me blood and oxygen and grew all my parts the way they are and my sister. She brought me and my sister up (by herself I might add) and instilled in us most of our virtues and values. We tested them and her quite a bit and the fact that she is now one of my favorite people to be around shows that we all passed those tests with flying colors. From my earliest memory till about six or so it was just my mom, sister and I. Just the girls, and I remember those days as golden. All giggles and fruity, running naked in sprinklers and arts and crafts. My mom did everything she possibly could to give us the childhood that dreams are made of. Fresh lemonade and homemade costumes. School projects and plays. Then she married Mike, who amazingly and graciously took us all in. He loved my mom, who was hot, so that part was easy, but my sister (8) and me (6 going on 13) is nothing short of saintly... more on this when I get to him. They then proceededd to show us what it looks like to live as a family. To grow up in a home where we ate at a dinner table every night and went on family vacations. My mom went totally out of her way to make every birthday and holiday special. She does this thing where she laughs complete christmas carols. If at any point in a conversation with her you say a line from a song she knows (and she knows every song) she will sing that song and not stop till she's gotten it completely out of her system. She knows and spells all words correctly. I mean ALL words. Try her. She's crafty, intelligent and a nice blend of cynical and silly. She knows most of my buttons and enjoys pushing them and I am grateful for it every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?