Friday, April 30, 2010

Benzo Benzington of Benzingham

As Chloe made me a mother, Ben has made me a wife. In fact, he made me a wife right off. First thing. We skipped the "boyfriend/girlfriend" bit and went straight away to lawfully wedded. Well... it started out not quite so lawfully, but we added that in. For a more detailed tale, read HERE. It is one of my favorite stories and one that I am most proud of. Ben is one of my clearest mirrors. He has taught me that nothing means anything except the meaning which I give it. He's been my personal tutor in my own behavior and human behavior in general. When we met, and married, I didn't yet know of his ART. His amazing, magical art. He quietly creates whimsical worlds worthy of lifetimes of wonder. I had no idea. Though, on our first date, Burningman 2005, we walked out to the temple (by which we would days later marry), sat down, he picked up a stick and drew a picture of me in the dust. It was exactly the me I wished he would see. The me he always sees is that me. At some point on that trip I was trying to explain myself about something or another and he said "I know you" and I believe he did. Instantly. My other half. My captain. My commitment to him is one of my best virtues and my love for him is so pure and abundant we had to create another vessel for it (Chloe). When I met Ben I just wanted to know him, to be close to him in any capacity. I would have settled for neighbor or friend, but to be wife and share this creation of ours, it's dreamy. He's nice to know. If you don't yet know him, I highly suggest you meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?