Thursday, September 3, 2009

4 lovely years!



So, I haven't written in a few days, but this is a big one! Today marks four years in our strange and beautiful marriage. Benny and I met on halloween of 2004 (he was a snowflake and I was a nerd)... It was a brief encounter, but I thought he was really handsome and those eyes, Ben has the most sincere, honest eyes I've ever fallen into. We met once again on new years eve at his apartment party... so special. Once more at my kung-fu inspired 25th birthday party. A fourth time at Johnny's house as he was telling us he may soon be a father (a very auspicious encounter)... The fifth and final, for awhile, meeting was Tonys annual LOVE FEST. Said Johnny and I spent the night at Bens apartment, then in Santa Barbara. It was one of the more lovely weekends I can remember. Upon returning home I wrote Ben a fateful letter which snowballed into a pen pal-ship. We wrote amazing letters back and fourth and basically fell in love in writing. In one fantastically penned note he added his digits and I called immediately. We talked on the phone every night (no you hang up, no you hang up... o.k. on the count of three...) On one such call he asked me to go to Burning Man with him. I casually said yes while inside jumping up and down screaming. It was planned. I quit my job, packed all the necessities and headed up to Santa Barbara the Saturday before. August 27th, 2005 we packed up Bens van and that night headed out of Santa Barbara, Black Rock City bound. We fell, physically, in love on the road. Overnight in some truck-stop town.... Rolled into BRC Sunday night after midnight. We spent the week walking, biking across the desert and deeper and deeper into each-other. We stared at each-other and thought "where did you come from" he was him... the one I had waited for. Amazing. Saturday, September 3rd, 2005 we woke on top of his dusty van, in the middle of the Nevada desert and he said "do you wanna get married" and I said "sure". He wrote on the windshield "Wedding, 4 o'clock, the temple"... it was more perfect than any wedding we could have planned. We said our vows, mine about honor and listening and respect, his "I'm going to cook you the best food" SOLD! and he has. We waited several years for one to call the others bluff. Out of our pure, solid love came Chloƫ, two years later. Now she's almost two and today our love is four!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, romantic story!
    Was blog-browsing and landed on yours. Hope you'll stop by my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh...thanks! Your my first comment! I will stop by yours right away!

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts?