Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How I spent my summer vacation...

So, last we left you we were about to go camping. Chloe and I made some cupcakes:
1 box vanilla cake mix (Trader Joes)
1 box Chocolate pudding mix (TJs)
1 box heavy whipping cream (TJs)
make the vanilla cake as cupcakes, let cool
mix pudding mix and whipping cream till super thick, ice said cupcakes.... soooo rich and good...
Then we loaded up the van, loaded up the cupcakes, stopped by the store Bennys painting to kiss him goodbye and headed up to lake Cachuma. My family spent at least a week there every summer as a kid. My grandpa brought his fishing boat and RV and we'd all camp out and fish and play. I thought it would be more nostalgic, but I guess they've changed some things in the last 20 years or so. We got there Saturday around noonish and met everyone. Lots of friends of friends. Around 4ish we decided to go to Solvang for fun and beer. Solvang is a little dutch town, super touristy, about 20 minutes from the campsite. We came back to camp in time for the sunset. Set up our tent and had masala burgers (yum). Chloe fell asleep about 8ish and I hung out at the fire with new friends till about ten. I didn't put the top cover on the tent, so we could lay and look up at the stars and moon. When we woke, Chloe and I sat up and saw the glistening lake, so beautiful. We all lazily broke down camp and packed up. We headed out and I took them by our house on the way home. We decided, kind of impromptu, to drive Raana and baby Jaden home on Sunday. So, we headed down to Long Beach with a quick picnic along the way. Ginger had stuff for wraps and we met for a sweet, last minute munch. Got to Mom and Mikes around 5 for dinner. Sweet to see them so soon after our last visit. Monday morning, by another stroke of luck, Sarah and Marty (my pregnant sis and her husband) were also going to be in the area, so we all met up for lunch. It was so great and couldn't have been better if planned for months. After, we dropped off my teary eyed mom and got on the freeway northbound. Chloe slept the whole way. Ahhhh.... Benny came home after work and we finally got an evening together. The three of us.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great summer vacation. I'm not much of an outdoor type, but this makes me want to camp out and grill things. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see photos of that!

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts?