Thursday, September 10, 2009

got to busy with life to blog about it...

I suppose that's a good thing.. Living loudly and not taking a moment to reflect sometimes. So, the last time I wrote was Saturday, Sep. 5... so, pretty much as soon as I typed the final period we took off for Long Beach. We were headed for an "anniversaburn" party... these beautiful friends of ours got married the year after us at the burn. They, too, have had a sweet baby since, so all of us were home instead of in the middle of the desert with our hearts and souls. We got to their place, did some prep. work and had a party. They built a small wooden women to burn in place of the man and we danced and had amazing foods. Then, later in the night, we logged on to a live feed of the actual burn and we all watched the man burn together. We stayed at their place that night, had breakfast with them in the morning, I dropped Benny off at the train station to hop a train back to Santa Barbara because I wasn't quite done with my Long Beach trip. I headed over to my folks house, who were out of town for the weekend, and spent the night at their place all alone, just Chloe and I, which was really sweet. They came home the next morning and we spent the day together. Some friends, upon hearing we were in town, invited us to a pool party, so my mom, Chloe and I went over. Then both my folks, Chloe and I went out to dinner (their treat;). After dinner we all went for a walk in Seal Beach (a quaint little beachy town) and a playground for Chloe. We spent that night at their place again and then had brunch with my grandma and her sister, Aunt Marvel, in the midmorning. By then, it was Tuesday and we were ready to head back to SB, missing Papa. Chloe slept for most of the ride even though I got off at sepulvada and headed up through L.A., Melrose, Hollywood and eventually found my way to the 101 North. It was interesting, to say the least. We eventually got home and had a sweet quiet night with Benny. Wednesday was mostly about working on the farm again. I finally got paid this time, for all of it, so it felt really rewarding. Chloe loves going to the farm and all the people that come by. We got home around 6 in the evening and had another sweet evening. Now it's thursday around 9am and Chloe is still sleeping! She is doing a lot of growing these days, so it must take a lot out of her. more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?