Saturday, September 19, 2009

starting fall off with a fall off...



You know those terrible accidents that you see happening in slow motion, but can't do anything to stop it from happening? It was around 3:30 and Chloe and I had walked all over downtown. Sweet, sunshiny day. I stood her in the van, turned around to grab the stroller and out of the corner of my eye saw her little arms flailing and then tiny green dress falling and then my sweet girl upside-down between the van and curb. My heart stopped and I picked her up upside-down simultaneously... She was crying so hard and wouldn't let me look at her. It looked terrible at first all dirty black and bloody... I was shaking, she was crying. I calmed enough to call Papa for a rescue. He came on his bike minutes later to drive us home... knight on shinning steel. He drove us home and we got her in a bubbly bath. Once washed, it didn't look so bad. Miraculously the only thing was a split lip. It's puffy and blueish and she can't stop playing with it with her tongue... Shame that of all the beauty and peace of the day this is what will be remembered. It suddenly reminded me how precious she is and how deeply I love every moment together, even the crying, terrible ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?