Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chloë Bee Day!


Happy Chloë Bee day "everybuddy" (that's Chloëish for everybody)... it makes sense because everyone IS her buddy. That was shown to us in many ways today, but mostly by our die-hard frisbee throwing friends taking a night off, a frisbee night off, and coming to a dinner party on a Thursday night. A bunch of all-stars! Chloë has amazing friends and I am honored to be amongst them. Her and I started the day off super slow and happy. I made sure that everything was sweet today and we managed to have no crying or emotional meltdowns all day, which is remarkable for a two year old. It reminds me to be so thankful that this stage passes. Can you imagine if we all had several total meltdowns everyday? What the world would look like. I caught a glimpse of that world around eight o'clock this evening when, roughly, ten children were jumping on our bed. Back to the sweetness though, Chloë and I made some carrot cake and papa made leek and potato soup. Benny gave her some little toys wrapped whimsically and I gave her, you know, like, life and blood and a heart and all that, so, I think we're good. There was goodness all around. We met a group over at the roses and then brought them back for cake and singing and such. Now the house is quiet and clean and these two are sleeping and mama is back at the keyboard, reminiscing. My little baby is now this long lady. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?