Thursday, October 22, 2009

What happened to Wednesday?


So, it's all-of-a-sudden Thursday. How did that happen? I mean, I vaguely remember a wednesday in there... yes, the farm, it's all coming back to me. Oh! So, Tuesday, after I last typed and the day went pretty blah blah... Chloe decided to go to sleep around 5 in the evening. I found out Where the Wild Things Are was playing at 7, so Benny got home and I tagged him in and left around 6ish. My first time to the Arlington Theatre. It is incredible. Perfect situation too. I got there early and was the first one there. The staff were giving me head nods like I was in the club... still not totally sure what that was about, but it might have been a sort of "you're going to be the first one, the only one in there right now and will get to see the magic all by yourself"...maybe. It's as if you are in the plaza of an old colonial era spanish town. Mission Revival style. Similar to the pirates of the Caribbean ride without the water, there are staircases and balconies actually built up on both sides. Windows that open and lampshades that light the walls. The ceiling is painted blue with stars. I just sat and stared all around me as if I really were visiting from a far away place. The first couple to come in after me reminded me I was at a theatre to see a film, or I might have actually tried to send a postcard home. Once the lights turned low and the crowd hushed a bit I got out the tiny mason jar of champagne left over from the night before that I snuck in my purse. Popcorn, champagne, and a good film. Thanks again universe! Wednesday was a farm day. It had been a while, with the rain last week and Chloe not coming with me the week before, that we had been there together and I broke the news that it will probably be our last for a while... It seemed like a good time for a change. It feels a bit like being out to sea and leaving shore and not seeing exactly where it is your going, but trusting that something good is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?