Friday, October 23, 2009

gratefulist


Upon rereading that last entry, I realized I assumed a couple of things... The photo of journals was from the Tea Fire (almost one year ago) and it's relevance was that losing all those photo albums and journals was the catalyst for the feeling of temporariness and non-attachment. I had not wanted to write much after that. Let alone save anything or hold any material item so close to my heart. I kind of let that go and focused on the real... which is my beautiful, growing baby girl, husband, friends and family. Staying healthy and here in the present became my modus operandi. Gratefulness, my meme. I like it. I want to maintain it and also perfect the balance of letting in some of that material "stuff". Accepting that I am attached to some of these new things is hard. This will be a search for that balance. My little libra should help some...
Gratefulness: (including a few "things")
1. my blog not being irreversibly terminated
2. some things never change
3. the amber necklace and cubic zirconium ring that I, miraculously, had on that fateful night and am able to still stare at and love (photo above shows both)
4. some things always change
5. being able to see "the big picture" and know what really matters

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?